Listen, God’s Way

listen A reoccurring theme in my life is listening. I’m sure I’ve written about this topic before but it’s worth repeating, because sometimes we aren’t listening. I have many personal experiences about not listening. I’m sure you do as well. One such instance of me not listening was when I left my dad’s tools out in the back yard (not the first or the last time). My dad had a bunch of tools for just about any job and I liked to take stuff apart and fix stuff. I asked if I could have the key to his tools and he gladly gave me the key and said be sure to put everything back when you’re done. So I remember helping fix my friend’s bike and after we got it working, we rode off. I forget to put my dad’s tools back where they belonged. Well the next day before my dad went to work he noticed the tools covered in morning dew beginning to rust. Let’s just say I was awakened quite abruptly that morning. He was furious. He was so mad that I hadn’t listened to his request, to put the tools away when I was done. I wonder how God feels when we don’t listen to, parents, family, friends, and to God.

Have you had times in your life when you didn’t listen, or you didn’t fully grasp what was said to you due to your mind being elsewhere? For me that seems like a daily occurrence. I want to listen but I’m drawn to other things. God has been working in me to truly listen to others and to work at avoiding those other things that get in my way of listening. I find myself spending more time in prayer and reflection each day. I’m actively pursuing Gods guidance in all areas of my life and ministry. I’m trying to listen to what God is saying to me.

To be honest I didn’t always do this. I usually trusted in my own abilities and understanding. The more I realized that “I” was getting in the way of Gods work in me, the more I began to listen, to God. I have lots of opinions and crazy ideas, some of which get me in trouble from time to time. But what I have realized is that I must first stop my own mind and focus in on God and listen for the guidance I truly need.

Today as you go about your business and daily actives be sure to hear God in your life. Maybe God is speaking to you through, parents, family, friends or a situation. Maybe God wants you to stop focusing on “you” and more on God. My way isn’t always the right way, God’s way is.

Popular posts from this blog

Recon CS-6 Mod