Youth Faith Based Weight Loss Program

Many of you know I have lost 120 lbs over the last 18 months. I’ve been very involved with the First Place 4 Health program. I’m currently developing a program for teenagers and college students. One of the aspects of this group will be teaching about proper nutrition and healthy choice alternatives. We will reinvent some our most favorite snacks during our time together. We all love snacks and learning how to make good choices is key to a healthy lifestyle. I’m going to spend the next few weeks immersing myself in the teen diet resources available from Amazon. I’ve ordered a lot of books and I plan to step away from the computer and absorb all I can about teen nutrition. My hope is to create a small group of dedicated students that will explore how God can radically change our lives. I have to say it does take work, but I know It will be fun. If you are between the ages of 14-25 in Freeport, IL and are interested in hanging out with us as we start this journey, please send me an email. Skorkeper@gmail.com This group will be starting at Prince of Peace in the next few weeks. 

Do you have any ideas or suggestions for my new group? Let me know what they are. I'd love to chat with you about this exciting new youth program. Also keep this in your prayers. I’m really stoked about it.

Here is a list of the resources I will be reading in the next few weeks.

Healthy Treats and Super Snacks for Kids

Fed Up!: Winning the War Against Childhood Obesity

Quick Meals for Healthy Kids and Busy Parents: Wholesome Family Recipes in 30 Minutes or Less From Three Leading Child Nutrition Experts

Teens Cook: How to Cook What You Want to Eat

Clueless in the Kitchen: A Cookbook for Teens and other Beginners (The Clueless series)

Lose It for Life for Teens

Rescuing the Emotional Lives of Overweight Children: What Our Kids Go Through - And How We Can Help

Fit for the King

The Sierras Weight-Loss Solution for Teens and Kids: A Scientifically Based Program from the Highly Acclaimed Weight-Loss School

Popular posts from this blog

Recon CS-6 Mod