I've been up since 5am this morning. I'm really looking forward to this all day lock-in. Kirsten and I will be heading out soon to set up the survivor challenges. Can't wait.
A reoccurring theme in my life is listening. I’m sure I’ve written about this topic before but it’s worth repeating, because sometimes we aren’t listening . I have many personal experiences about not listening. I’m sure you do as well. One such instance of me not listening was when I left my dad’s tools out in the back yard ( not the first or the last time ). My dad had a bunch of tools for just about any job and I liked to take stuff apart and fix stuff. I asked if I could have the key to his tools and he gladly gave me the key and said be sure to put everything back when you’re done. So I remember helping fix my friend’s bike and after we got it working, we rode off. I forget to put my dad’s tools back where they belonged. Well the next day before my dad went to work he noticed the tools covered in morning dew beginning to rust. Let’s just say I was awakened quite abruptly that morning. He was furious. He was so mad that I hadn’t listened to his request, to put the tools away when I...
Kirsten and I started a new blog together. We will be reviewing two new wines each week. If your a wine drinker take a look and comment. Also submit a comment about different wines you think we should try. The blog is called Warped Palate .
I'm not sure my blog title is very PC but I feel like I need to be a better man. You know when a dude is being lazy or complaining , some people say "Man Up". It sounds a bit sexist to me but for this post lets just say I want to be more of man, father and husband. For the last several years my life has been all over the map. I've had this bad back now for a few years and I'm trying to adjust to its limitations. It's been a challenge. I've gained most of my weight back and that truly hasn't helped me physically or mentally. This week I returned to leading my Christ First Weight Loss group. It's time for me to work through my issues. I've been refocused on other areas of my life and I'm committed to working on me again. My first challenge for the week arrived when I stressed by back trying to us an Xbox Kinect. I figured it was movement I could control and it was better than sitting around. Well, I must have moved too much. I was just waving...